Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Lords Reform to be Shelved (Hopefully)!

I hear from the BBC that Jack Straw, leader of the House of Commons has shelved plans for having a preferential voting system when the Commons, and indeed Lords decide to vote on which of the dogs breakfast of options that are on offer.

It seems a victory for David Clelland Mp, who I mentioned in this article as being against the preferential voting system.

However I take the view that there won't be enough people agreeing on one system being better than what we currently have, because there is not a single better system. I do accept that you would not have ended up with what we have by design though. It does work.

Now all we need is to have Frank Fields option as well, so the status quo is an option. I think that would be popular.

You can read the BBC article here.

No comments: