Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Is Alan Milburn about to mount a leadership challenge?

Rumours reached me last night that Alan Milburn, the former health Secretary and strategist of Labour's 2005 general election campaign is to challenge Gordon Brown for the Labour leadership this weekend, presumably on the basis that Labour will get absolutely smashed in the Crewe and Nantwich by election.

My source for the rumour is a reliable Labour insider, who has dual sourced it himself. Furthermore this thread on Politicalbetting shows that other Labour insiders are talking about it as well.

I do not know how successful such a bid will be, but it really does look like ferrets will be fighting in a sack.

2 comments:

youdontknowme said...

I hope Brown gets kicked out but anyone else Labour brings in will probably be just as bad.

Anonymous said...

Let's see how thursday in C&N goes then I reckon all hell will let loose is Timpson does it.