Friday, August 10, 2007

Foot and Mouth: Has it spread to Dorking?

Just as everyone thought it was safe to go back to the country side there is news of a suspected case near Dorking (On the Westcott side).

I could of course spew hours of nonsense speculation but I won't.

What I will say is that whilst the animal movement ban was good, the lack of restrictions on footpaths was bad.

I also think that we may have let our guard down so soon.

I do hope it was not the deer that spread it.

The BBC has this.

2 comments:

loadofoldstodge said...

For a slightly more informed take on this issue, read the comments from Nick Skellett:

http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/sccwebsite/sccwspages.nsf/LookupWebPagesByTITLE_RTF/Foot+and+Mouth+Disease+update?opendocument

Benedict White said...

Load of old stodge thanks for the link, though I think your tone is a bit harsh.