Thursday, June 12, 2008

The gut wrenchingly sad case of Kevin Tripp.

Today has been an emotional day for me.

I have been incandescent with rage over the current terrorism bill, both on the issue of secret inquests and 42 days. This deeply concerns me at the deepest level.

However i was smacked straight in the gut by the pointless murder of Kevin Tripp, aged 57.

It seems from reports that some 18 or 19 year old "yob" had insulted the other half of Tony Virsami so when she, Antoinette Richardson, pointed someone out in a queue he went and punched Kevin Tripp to the ground. he has now died.

There is now a 5 year old boy, who will have been waiting with much anticipation for his daddy to come home, and he will no longer. This young boy will never see his dad again.

I know how much my dad meant to me, and today I have shed many a tear for that 5 year old boy. I will pray for him.

The BBC has this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just heard about this today when I read on AOL about the conviction of the people involved. I am crying about Kevin's death and have deep sympathy for his loved ones.

Perhaps there was something special about Kevin's life that God wanted to share with the world. Ordinary people like me in America know of him. I hope that someday we will know what made him so special.

cerrington1 said...

I hope they throw away the key.What a disgusting woman and a lowlife brute. What kind of person rings their boyfriend to come and kick the s**t out of someone over a queue dispute? And to think she wanted to go and find the real culprit as that poor guy lay dying.I hope they take that junkie b***h out to sea and dump her, and her fella too. The absolute SCUM of society, and the world does'nt need people like this. ROT IN JAIL. So so sad.