Thursday, April 05, 2007

Big in Cambodia!

A while back I had a look at the Alexa traffic graphs and I have a couple of blips there of traffic they had noticed.

What tickled me though was being in the top 700 websites visited by people in Cambodia. Nice to be high up, but not quite my target audience.

Still, this blog has popped in and out of the top 80,000 of websites visited from the UK which is nice as there is a lot more competition and it is more the sort of audience I am looking for, not that Cambodians are not welcome, I am just struggling to see why they would be interested.

That said something else that is also odd is people in the USA and Canada specifically googling my name and/or other terms that seem aimed at bringing up my blog. I can understand it in the UK, but can't understand why someone in North America would do that!

6 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well, however strange some of the statistics may be [ I mean in that you're getting visitors from unexpected places], congratulations!
Happy Easter, too.

Benedict White said...

Welshcakes, Many thanks!

I have to say I was not expecting to be popular in Cambodia!

Happy Easter to you and yours!

The Deplorable Old Bulldog said...

Just like Spinal Tap.

Benedict White said...

The Real Sporer, So that is Spinal taps claim to fame? Being big in Cambodia :)

James Higham said...

Benedict, dear sir, we take 'em from whence they come. I've been doing well with India lately. My biggest sectors are Britain first, then the US and Australia, with nibbles from Canada and elsewhere. Why Iran was interested I'm not sure.

The question is whether you should change your message for a new sectore or if they're coming to you because you are what you are.

Benedict White said...

James Yes, I get most traffic in that order too! I was just surprised to be big in Cambodia!

As for changing the message for the audience I am not sure that is a good idea for me.

I think blogging is about saying what you want to say and if people are interested that is good!

That said there must always be a bit of a subconscious shift to suit the audience, I just don't think trying to hard is the answer!