Sunday, April 22, 2007

Is Meacher trying to wind me up?

I heard a report on todays World this Weekend on BBC Radio 4 that Michael Meacher thought he was certain to gain enough votes to be able to challenge Brown for the leadership of the Labour party.

It is my understanding that the only nomination he is definitely going to get is his own, and currently he may have three in the bag. So all he is in fact doing is making me a little more concerned about my bet with Mike Smithson of politicalbetting.com where I bet that Brown would be unopposed.

I also rather amusingly heard that Brown also "expects a challenge", nay welcomes one! Which is a bit odd given the lengths his camp appear to be going to, to ensure there isn't one. (See here and here for example)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, he is winding a lot of us up, isn't he?

Benedict White said...

meacheristoast, Yep, that's about the size of it. Still he has a choice of 9 houses to retire to.