Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Is DEFRA sitting on the Foot and Mouth report?

One of the problems with dealing with government particularly when you are in an opposition party is that you get dreadfully cynical.

The Health and Safety Executive have completed their second report, which could well point the blame at either Merial Animal Health or the Institute for Animal Health, on Friday and handed it to the Department for Farming and Rural Affairs, (DEFRA).

They have not as yet published it. This sort of thing does tend to make me a little cynical. However they have promised to publish it by the end of the week with the "Sprat" report by Professor Sprat of Imperial College into bio security at Pirbright. That is not too long to wait so perhaps I should quieten my cynicism and just wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read the bit about the report being published by the end of the week, I felt cynical antennae going off. It will be interesting to see if it is slipped out on Friday afternoon with Labour trying to steer the news agenda else where, maybe they will prove me wrong and act like the open government they claim to be?

Benedict White said...

ChrisD, I feel even more cynical that bits are being leaked in advance!