Well tonight he blamed us for the mess. I have written about why we are in this mess in Iraq here.
Ken's says we should have known that L. Paul Bremer was making mistakes and should have done something about it.
We should have resisted the various mistakes made. Like making 500,000 armed men unemployed.
What a cheeky yank!
But he is right. We have experience in these things the Americans lack, and we should have said do it our way or we pull the plug. End of.
Meanwhile in other news Donald Rumsfeld the former incompetent pratt Secretary of State for endangering America Defence has said the problem is the USA has not got the historic experience of dealing with occupation and insurgency. Two things I'd like to say.
- Why not listen to the State Department's 900 page plan instead of tossing it in the bin.
- Ask the worlds authority on occupying land, the British Government.
Bit cheeky to blame it on us though.
Lastly I have heard several interviews over the last few days explaining away the mess in Iraq and they all seem to refer to the points I raised in this article, which are listed below:
- The coalition forces failed to impose martial law when they captured areas, because they just did not have the men or the will.
- They failed to plan to have a working police force.
- They made 500,000 armed men unemployed.
- They failed to guard the ammunition dumps.
- They failed to guard the borders.
- They failed to understand who the losers would be in the liberation of Iraq.
- They made political blunders of epic proportions.