Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Is Bob Piper Toast now?

Just though I'd ask. I have just read this on Prague Tory's blog.

If you remember the storm over the minstrels and a "blacked up" David Cameron last year, well it seems Bob was very upset with Prague Tory.

In fact so upset he sent him an email saying this:
Don't threaten me sonny, because if it is a war you want to start, believe me, wars have casulties and you are right about kicking. I will not forgive you for comparing me to the BNP, and as far as I am concerned you can boil in your own bile. So light your fucking fire... but your name will be emblazoned across the internet and the national media.

In fact I was telling a few of the lads in the Sack of Potatoes this lunchtime that you thought I was a racist and Linford and Muzzy said they would like to talk to you at the Bartons to put you right.
Well, is that Bob threatening physical violence? Oh dear. I wonder what the Standards Board of England say?

Bob Piper's blog is here.

Update 16:04:

In fairness to Bob, he has replied, in the comments, but I thought I would put them here:

Bob Piper said...

If you look at the sequence you will see that PragueTory first used the phrase 'kicking'. I neither took that to mean a physical kicking, (the giveaway is in the line 'you are right about kicking' nor did I suggest a physical kicking... I simply used his terminology.

I had not planned, despite what my Party leader's predilictions are, to 'start a war' either, just in case you wanted to continue stretching the truth.

As for The Barton's Arms... PragueTory had actually invited me to have a drink with him and his friends there, and when I explained that to my mates they suggested we went along so that they could explain that I was in no way racist.

Having said that, PT has made it plain he never called me a racist, so there was no need.

Finally... please don't confuse me with anyone who cares what the Standards Board of England say.

4 comments:

Bob Piper said...

If you look at the sequence you will see that PragueTory first used the phrase 'kicking'. I neither took that to mean a physical kicking, (the giveaway is in the line 'you are right about kicking' nor did I suggest a physical kicking... I simply used his terminology.

I had not planned, despite what my Party leader's predilictions are, to 'start a war' either, just in case you wanted to continue stretching the truth.

As for The Barton's Arms... PragueTory had actually invited me to have a drink with him and his friends there, and when I explained that to my mates they suggested we went along so that they could explain that I was in no way racist.

Having said that, PT has made it plain he never called me a racist, so there was no need.

Finally... please don't confuse me with anyone who cares what the Standards Board of England say.

Benedict White said...

Bob, I have added your reply to the article.

"Finally... please don't confuse me with anyone who cares what the Standards Board of England say."

*Cough*, no I won't make that mistake!

However was that not something John "two shags" Prescott set up? Or am I missing something?

Praguetory said...

Nice to have it on the record from Bob that he did send the mail. Cheers Benedict.

Anonymous said...

God, I can't believe you two boys are still at it!
I very rarely agree with Bob Piper and (sorry) his very Labourite view of humour, the "minstrals" poster went to far but it is now consigned to the recycle bin.
I do admire his honesty though, and the fact that he has chosen to blog without checking with Labour HQ first or giving a toss what they might think after he has blogged his independent view.
Pragtory, you are dealing with a different generation so don't be so precious about it all. Students are not the rebels they use to be so thank god for the older generation keeping the rebellion going.