Tuesday, March 06, 2007

That Adam Smith Institute bash

It was interesting, and the first time I have been invited to a blogging type event. Some interesting points were made and I met up with a few bloggers, some of whom you may have heard of, like Guido, Devil's Kitchen, Ellee Seymour and Croydonian. Dizzy alas was not there, but having looked at my picture on Ellee's blog said that I looked like a Perl programmer! Sheesh! Even asked if I wore sandals, the cheeky chap!

The event was about the impact of new media and its effect on both old media and politics. Opinions were divided. Bruce Anderson of the Independent was there as well, with some interesting comments.

I will have more later, as I have made some notes, but must dash.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have liked to have heard more from the guest speakers, as well as Tim Worstall, and don't forget, Guido turned up too. There was a lot of old media, as well as new media.

Benedict White said...

Ellee, yes there was. I get the feeling though that the president of the institute likes to get people talking face to face over a drink.

It was a good event. I will also be writing more later when I get a few minutes.

Anonymous said...

I think you've covered most of it. Did you leave early because the booze ran out?

Benedict White said...

Ellee, I left because we moved to the pub next door when the booze ran out, and it seemed to me that was almost en mass.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, it was mentioned, I declined the invitation and caught my train home.

Benedict White said...

Ellee, Well you have a much longer train journey than I!

So hardly surprising. It was interesting enough though.