Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The "Two things" Brown Meme

I have been tagged by Arleen Ouzounian of the Regalis Blog (Kings College London Conservative Future blog) to say 2 things Gordon Brown Should be...

2 things Gordon Brown should be proud of:
  • Conning people into believing he is not a spinner
  • Scaring all his opponents into not standing against him.
2 Things he should appologise for:
  • The tax credit fiasco.
  • The high rates of effective taxation on anyone who is on tax credits.
2 Things he should do immediately when he becomes PM:
  • Stop government departments passing new laws unless they are repealing old ones as well.
  • Have a moratorium on PFI projects.
2 things he should do while he is PM:
  • Reform the welfare system to remove the poverty trap.
  • Reform tax credits so that the effective tax rate is much less.
And I will pass this Meme on to Iain Dale, Dizzy Thinks, Ellee Seymour, University College London CF, The Croydonian, Harry Haddock's Nation of Shopkeepers, Fitaloon's Microshaft blog, and The Thunder Dragon. (Sorry, honest:) )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been tagged by Nadine about this too. Unfortunately, my posts won't publish today. I will keep trying. It is most frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Tis done, in my usual mature, considered, respectful style.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks Ellee and Harry., Harry can I asse you are not Gordon Brown's biggest fan :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've managed it now at long last.